Some of the information you supply to us including your personal information will be held in electronic and/or manual format.
The information you disclose to us may include the following: your name, address, contact details, date of birth, employment, details of the injury suffered by you. We will use the information you provide to us for the following purposes:
- the administration and management of your claim;
- to provide services ancillary to your claim, for example, personal injury, car replacement hire, medical assistance and reports, insurance products;
- to comply with any laws or regulations;
We will keep your personal information confidential and will take appropriate measures to protect it against loss, theft or misuse and to safeguard your privacy.
In the course of providing our services to you, we may need to communicate your personal information to parties involved in your claim including but not limited to:
- medical professionals
- car rental companies for the purpose of obtaining a replacement car,
- insurance underwriters for the purpose of assessing and validating your claim or to enable them to provide cover under an insurance policy,
- insurance companies/brokers who referred your claim to us for the purpose of complying with our contractual obligations regarding details of the claim we process.
In dealing with your injury assessment, we may also transfer your information to people providing us with support and administrative services for the more efficient processing of your claim. Your details will be processed in each case in strict confidence and we have set up adequate measures to ensure that your privacy is protected when transferring your data to third parties for the purposes of providing our services to you.
By consenting to us processing your claim you agree to the processing of your personal data for the purposes described above.
For any of the above purposes, we may transfer some or all of your personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Countries outside the EEA may not have data protection laws as comprehensive as those that exist in the EEA. We have, however, taken steps to ensure that data is held securely where it is transferred to our service providers outside the EEA.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have a right to access your personal information held in our records, whether electronically or manually [we may charge a fee of a maximum of £10 for this]. You should contact us at email@example.com should you wish to have access to this information. We also recommend that you advise us should we need to update or complete any of our records containing your personal information.