MRO mediated agreement Q&A
When did the Agreement begin?
- The Agreement began in May 2007.
- The renewed agreement; applies to all invoices issued on or after 2 April 2010.
Which sort of PI claims qualify for the scheme?
- All EL, PL and RTA cases where general damages are expected to be less than £15,000
Which medical specialties are included?
- A&E, Orthopaedic and GP reports are covered by the Agreement
Are medical records included in the Agreement?
- Yes, the medical agency can be paid directly for obtaining medical records.
What are the applicable fees?
|All charges are subject to VAT at the standard rate||MRO Rate A Paid within 90 days of invoice and required information||MRO Rate B Paid after 90 days of invoice and required information|
|GP Reports No Medical Records Review||£200||£225|
|Review of Medical Records||£50||£55|
|Accident & Emergency Report||£375||£410|
|Addendum Reports||Cost plus £25||Cost plus £30|
|Obtaining Medical Records||Cost plus £25||Cost plus £30|
Operational Procedures for New Instructions
Do we need to obtain PAP quotes / Nominations?
- No, you simply instruct Mobile Doctors to provide a medical report.
Can we continue to obtain PAP quotes / Nominations if we prefer that route?
- Yes, the usual business processes you have been following with Mobile Doctors will remain essentially unchanged.
What if we do not know whether the liability insurer involved in a claim is a party to the agreement?
- You can check all participants in the scheme at amro-uk.co.uk/mro-agreement-signatories , however, if you wish you can send in an instruction indicating that Mobile Doctors should obtain a medical report and if the insurer is not part of the scheme Mobile Doctors should contact them and provide them with a nomination before proceeding.
What if liability has not been admitted?
- Instruct anyway and Mobile Doctors will submit the invoice to the liability insurer for payment. It is up to the individual insurer to decide whether to pay for the report or wait. If the case is lost by the claimant lawyer the claimant lawyer remains liable for the cost of the report in full, however, if the insurer has paid for the report there is no recourse for them to recover those monies.
What information is required by Mobile Doctors to enable direct billing?
- Full third party details
- third party reference number
- claimant name
- claimant date of birth
- accident date
- Mobile Doctor’s reference number
Can I instruct if I don’t have this information?
- Yes, but the information should be forwarded as soon as it is available. If we do not have full details when the medical report has been prepared we will contact you to obtain them.
What if I am not sure if the report fee has been paid directly by the liability insurer?
- If in ANY doubt submit invoices to the third party insurer. Ultimately the solicitor remains responsible and liable for all invoices issued.
What if the TPI does not pay under the agreement?
- There is no contractual obligation for the insurer to pay Mobile Doctors directly but the insurer is contractually obliged not to argue quantum. You as the solicitor remain liable for all Mobile Doctors fees
What are the report charges where the TPI is not part of the agreement?
- The fees in these instances remain our standard fees and can be found by visiting our 2011 Price List .